Horizontal Ribbon Mixer
Horizontal Ribbon Mixer is widely used in food, medicine, chemical, plastic, material mixing, especially suitable for viscous or agglomerate mixed powder material the material, adding more liquid and powder material (or paste material) mixed.
This blender can not only mix the powder or particles with good fluidity but also the materials with not good fluidity, such as the material with a little water, sugary, or a little sticky.
- Price Term: FOB/CIF/EXW
- Package: Wooden case or according to customer request
- Delivery Time: 25-35 working days
- Transports: LCL/FCL
- Shipment Port: Shanghai Port
- Origin Of Place: Wuxi City
- Warranty: 12 Months
Ribbon blenders have a variety of uses in the manufacture of food, beverage, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, chemical, plastics, agricultural and other products.
Due to its versatility and economy, the Ribbon Blender is typically the most obvious choice for blending requirements.
It mainly consists of a mixing cylinder, a double layer spiral belt and driving parts.
The inner spiral belt makes the material move outwards, while the outer spiral belt makes the material move inwards, forming a good material circulation.
The circumferential movement of the spiral belt enables the ribbon blender to achieve fine mixing efficiency in a very short period of time.
Advantages Of Horizontal Ribbon Mixer:
A ribbon blender machine is an ultra-fast machine for mixing solids with solids, blending solids with varying degrees of liquids, and liquid into liquid at an efficient rate. It offers a number of advantages that lower your burden, cost, and downtime.
- A high-speed ribbon blender machine is highly efficient in delivering smooth results at the end of the process.
- It is made of carbon steel, 304 & 316L stainless steel, and wear-resistant steel; it offers high stability under critical industrial conditions.
- A ribbon blender machine is suitable for both small and large batch sizes depending on its clearance range.
- It can perform a series of processes, including mixing, coating, heating, and cooling.
- It is capable of both continuous and batch mixing of ingredients.
- Its trough can handle both liquid and solid ingredients. This trough can be lightly covered or open.
- The separation and mixing of particles are done based on size, shape, density, pitch, and diameter.
- It follows a triple mixing mechanism, making the mixing process fast and efficient.
- An excellent sealing made of environment-friendly material prevents material leakage during the dispersion or mixing process.
- One-sided assembly is sufficient to ensure the maintenance of a ribbon blender machine.
- It is straightforward, convenient, and time-efficient for cleaning the machine.
- Its control panel is relatively easy to manage and easy to control.
- It is a highly economical machine to facilitate the mixing of several ingredients.
- It is safe to use for mixing ingredients in food, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, paints, petrochemicals, agriculture, cosmetics, and other industries.
- A ribbon blender machine helps achieve a relatively short duration of a homogenous powder mixture, paste, or slurry.
- The discharge of material from the discharge valve is very simple.
- It is suitable for various industrial applications for the smooth mixing of solid and liquid materials.
- The average capacity of a ribbon blender machine is approximately 50 to 20000
- It is available in customizable sizes, designs, and styles to meet different industrial requirements.
- It operates relatively slowly, allowing the agitator to move in all directions for homogenous mixing of ingredients.
- These machines are available in both small-sized and large-sized motors for mixing a variable amount of ingredients.
In case of customization of a ribbon blender machine, please get in touch with us immediately to meet your industrial requirements. We deal with all kinds of ribbon blender machines to make them suitable for challenging industrial environments. However, you must share some specifications, including capacity, manufacturing material, type of material, size, shape, density, pitch, and placement area. First, our experts analyze your requirements to design a customized strategy. After receiving approval from your side, we immediately start working on your customization. For price-related queries, please contact us immediately.
Why Is Yinda Trusted By More Than 283 Particles & Powder Process Manufacturers Across The World?
- We offer free online consultation and emergency assistance to our customers 24x7x365.
- Our expert engineers have more than 12 years of experience in manufacturing ribbon blender machines.
- Our trained and experienced team members ensure a 10% increase in the local market growth sales.
- We have thousands of potential customers across the globe who trust us repeatedly to meet their industrial requirements.
- We offer a customization facility for manufacturing a high-quality ribbon blender machine as per your shared specifications.
- All products are manufactured by maintaining industry standards to ensure the accurate mixing of solid and liquid particles.
- Ribbon blender machine is suitable for mixing solid and solid, solid and liquid, and varying density liquid particles.
- We perform quality assurance and manufacturing tests to meet the standards of our customers.
- We deliver products within 30days after confirmation of the initial order.
- We have a team of certified engineers and arduous front-line production team members with decades of experience in the relevant field.
- Our diligent mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and technical team experts evaluate every single feature of ribbon blender machines.
- Our outstanding services are reliable, affordable, and up to mark to meet industrial requirements.
- We avoid failures and inefficiency of materials by performing various quality tests.
- We have the latest machinery and industry-specific machines to manufacture high-class products up to the industry standards.
- Our experienced engineers closely monitor your shared specifications and design a specific strategy to manufacture customized products.
- All spare parts meet ISO 9001:2015 manufacturing standards to ensure accurate working under all critical working conditions.
- We closely inspect all manufacturing stages to ensure that all products are manufactured as per your shared details.
- We understand your budget and try to make ultra-fast products under your budget.
- Our high-quality spare parts can withstand high temperatures, corrosion, UV radiation, and materials.
- It is easy to operate, requires less maintenance, works under all working conditions, shows ultra-fast performance, and is simple for working.
- Compared to other products in the market, our high-quality ribbon blender machines are durable and have a longer life span.
- It offers a high return on equipment investment. Moreover, you can invest in other areas to support your industry’s growth.
- We offer a simple online buying facility, and you can call us or place an order on our website. Our proactive team members are readily available to serve our clients.
- We quickly replace non-functioning, broken, and non-suitable products to ensure the satisfaction of our clients.
- All the components are available in variable sizes, designs, styles, and manufacturing specifications to make them suitable for different industrial applications.
- Our comprehensive services are suitable for all sizes of industries.
- Our standard or customized products are highly affordable, durable, and meet all industrial requirements.
- We are active 24x7x365 to listen to queries of our clients. You can ask us anytime about customization, pricing, and product manufacturing details.
- We also receive complaints from our customers regarding delay of shipment, failed body parts, and improper functioning of the products.
- Our expert engineers always design an appropriate strategy by analyzing your requirements and budget.
- We closely inspect every part of the ribbon blender machine to check its efficacy, functionality, and reliability.
- All products are passed from a variety of laboratory tests and checks for accurate determination of products.
Horizontal Ribbon Mixer comprises U-shape barrel, transmission parts, and ribbon agitating blades which usually have double or triple layers with outside screw gathering material from side to center, and inside screw transmitting the material from center to sides to form convection.
It can not only mix the powder or particles with good fluidity but also the materials with not good fluidity, such as the material with a little water, sugary, or a little sticky.
Detailed of Horizontal Ribbon Mixer:
Pneumatic valve for discharge:
●No dead space
We set the mesh enclosure device above the U-shaped tank to prevent the staff from being injured when adding materials.
Double layer in the inner tank.
●304SUS material, mirror polished
●mirror polished inner tank avoid the material accumulation
●Uniform mixing and shorter mixing time via positive agitation technology.
Highlight the Benefits of Horizontal Ribbon Mixer:
● There is a safety net on the cover, so that operator cannot reach out arms into the mixer, danger can be prevented.
● A pneumatic valve is adopted to discharge material.
● Filler seals are gas seals that can be added to them to increase the sealability of conventional seals.
● The ribbon mixer can be equipped with a heating or cooling jacket if temperature control is required. We will add spraying or atomizing unit inside the tank.
● High efficiency, high uniformity, high load factor, low energy consumption, low pollution, and little destruction to frangible material.
What is a Horizontal Ribbon Mixer?
Figure 1 – GIF of a horizontal ribbon mixer during operation
From what it’s called alone, a horizontal ribbon mixer is a type of mixer or blender that is formed and shaped horizontally.
It’s considered the common and the standard shape and alignment of ribbon mixers. The way it works is that the vessel moves slightly back and forth, while the agitators inside it rotate and spin, generating force that would throw the particles and materials back and forth inside the mixing chamber.
Vertical Ribbon Mixer
A vertical ribbon mixer is the counterpart of the horizontal ribbon mixer. From what it’s called alone, what it is, would be simple and easy to determine.
Figure 2 – A vertical ribbon mixer
Vertical ribbon mixers are mixers that are standing up in form, instead of being laid out flat horizontally. Ideally, these vertical ribbon mixers are cheaper and more affordable than horizontal ribbon mixers.
However, when it comes to quality and speed, it’ll be best to go with a horizontal ribbon mixer. To give you some of the pros and benefits of using vertical ribbon mixers, they include:
- Good mixing performance
- They’re easier to discharge (because of its stature)
- You have many options of added components
- Thorough and well mixing process
TIP: You’ll easily be able to identify a vertical ribbon mixer from a horizontal ribbon mixer. From the alignment and the direction of how they are alone.
Apart from these blenders and mixers, though, what else is there? Do you know what a double cone blender is?
What is a Double Cone Blender?
Figure 3 – Double cone blender sample
It’s one of the types of blenders and mixers and is known as the “double cone” mixer because it’s comprised of two (2) cones that sit on top of one another.
You’ll be able to find a lot of double cone blenders in the market, and they’re efficient for the process of mixing granules and dry powders in a homogenous mixture.
Used Ribbon Mixer
There are underlying risks of purchasing or buying used ribbon mixers such as depleted performance, risks of the machine being worn out, as well as the motors being inaccurate.
What Agitator is Used For Horizontal Ribbon Mixers?
Figure 4 – Image of a double ribbon standard or a double helical blade or agitator
There are multiple types of agitators used for horizontal ribbon mixers. Among the most common include:
- Double Ribbon Multi-Pitch
- Double Ribbon Standard
Each of these have their advantages. But, the best and most used would be the double ribbon multi-pitch, otherwise known as the helical cone agitator or the double helical blade.
They’re ideal because of the fact that you’ll be able to use them for batches that have multiple ingredients and because they’re able to perform high-quality mixing in just a short amount of time.
What Materials Can You Mix and Blend Using a Horizontal Ribbon Mixer?
You’ll be able to find a lot of materials and particles that you can mix inside horizontal ribbon mixers. As a matter of fact, they’re prevalent and commonly used in specific business sectors or industries, such as the pharmaceutical industry, the foodstuff industry, the animal feeds industry, the chemical industry, the construction or structural industry, and many more!
To name a few of the most common things you can mix using horizontal ribbon mixers, they include:
- Dry Solids
- Chemical Powders and Particles
- Food Particles and Powders
- Pharmaceutical Powders
- Agricultural Powders
- And Many More!
NOTE: These are not the only things that you can use horizontal ribbon mixers for. You’ll find a lot more use when you get to know them better.
What’s the Main Structure of a Horizontal Ribbon Mixer?
To fully understand horizontal ribbon mixers more, it is important and imperative that you understand how a horizontal ribbon mixer is built and structured.
Figure 5 – Image or the structure of what a horizontal ribbon mixer looks like
Here’s a quick table that discuss each of the parts that are common across all the different types of horizontal ribbon mixers:
|Part or Component||Function and Use|
|Ingredients Inlet (Feed Inlet)||This is the part or component where the materials are introduced inside the horizontal ribbon mixer.|
|Bearings||The bearings are the ones responsible for holding the shaft or the metal piece inside the vessel that makes the mixing possible.|
|Ribbon Blades or Agitators||These are the parts or the components that are relevant to the equation. Without them, the mixing would be different – there could even be no mixing!|
|Shaft||The shaft is the part or the component that holds the agitators or the ribbon blades in place. They’re the ones connected to the bearings.|
|Motor||Without a motor, the machine wouldn’t come to life. It’s the part or the component that makes the machine function and operate.|
|Discharge Port||Lastly, the discharge port or the discharge valve is the component where the results or the outputs exit the machine.|
You may find other horizontal ribbon mixers that have other parts and components. So, take note, that these aren’t the only components. They’re just the basic and the standard ones that you’ll see across the board.
Specifications of Horizontal Ribbon Mixers You Need to Take Note Of
Knowing the specifications of horizontal ribbon mixers is important because they’ll be the ones to determine whether or not a particular machine is within your expectations.
The specs and technical parameters that you should take note of include:
This is the specification or the parameter that refers to the overall or the total capacity of the machine that it’s capable of working on.
By knowing the working capacity, you’ll know the limitations of your project. The working capacity is usually expressed in kg (kilograms) or meters cubed (m3)
Speed or Rotation
The speed determines or refers to the overall time that the machine is capable of working or mixing per minute. It’s usually expressed in a measurement of r/min or rotations per minute.
Power refers to the requirement of the machine to operate. This particular specification is often expressed in kW or kilowatt hour.
Weight refers to the machine’s overall weight. It is important because this will determine how heavy and how difficult the machine is to be transported.
Otherwise known as the motor, the driven unit is the type of the motor that’s used in the industry. You’ll be able to find a lot of motors in the industry, some of the most common types of motors include K-series motors, F-series motors, R-series motors, energy-saving motors, and many more!
These are the top and most crucial specifications and technical parameters important and relevant in the industry.
What Are The Applications Of A Ribbon Blender Machine?
Ribbon blenders are among the highly adaptable, cost-effective, and widely used solids content blenders in a wide range of industries.
Examples of industries that use Ribbon Blender Machines include:
- Agricultural products
- Polymer blends
Most materials and light extracts can be mixed using ribbon blenders. The anterior and posterior ribbons work together to deliver efficient and cost-effective mixing.
Ribbon blenders are commonly used to mix dry grains and powders uniformly. A “U” tank and a shaft containing two sets of spiral ribbons, one inside another, make up the blender.
The proximal and distal ribbons are exactly aligned. The material contacts each corner of the trough during spinning and transmits radial and linear movement to the entire content to be blended.
What Are The Main Parts Of A Ribbon Blender Machine?
A ribbon blender, like all other tech equipment, is a multifunctional machine with multiple functional parts. These components work together to guarantee a productive working system and consistent mix output.
These parts include;
Parts of ribbon blender machine
The mixing and combining of the components take place in this compartment of the Ribbon blender.
A U-shaped cylinder is the most common shape for this chamber.
This compartment is where the mixing occurs. You can blend solid or granular ingredients according to the complexity of your operation.
According to the diameter of the troughs, a tight-fitting upper flat cover is provided to enclose the container while working.
The top cover is a completely open tray, allowing for easy maintenance and reloading of the materials.
Usually, the cover is composed of robust stainless steel that does not bend even when subjected to moderate stress.
The discharge section is properly equipped with effective valves that regulate the discharge promptly.
Normally, the valves offer a tight seal to prevent spillage and material waste.
They also keep the operator’s workplace conditions cleaner and safer.
The valves’ operating methods might be mechanical, electrical, or pneumatic.
This type of operation allows for more accurate regulation of the discharge processes.
You can choose from several different valve types.
Rounded valves, knife gated valves, rotational ball valves, butterfly nozzles, and plum-blossom displacement valves are all options based on the source materials.
The rotating shaft is the transverse passageway that revolves at high speed to keep the agitator moving efficiently and quickly.
The agitator rotation then causes the materials to be toppled over and outwardly conveyed inside the blender.
The shaft’s speed is usually variable. The outer Ribbon’s length determines it. The shaft normally rotates at a speed of 80–100 m/min.
This high speed is necessary for producing thorough and consistent blends in a short amount of time.
Commonly, ribbon blender machines have two spiral agitators containing anterior and posterior ribbons.
These are suitable for solid and liquid operations, such as solidified and diluted slurry.
The control unit is critical to the mixer’s general functionality.
The primary power controller, safety restriction switches, a fuse specifically for the rotors, and an emergency halt switch are all included in the control system.
This component is in charge of guaranteeing the machine’s efficient functioning.
However, the drive mechanism can be changed depending on; the type of materials, the starting technique, processes, power efficiency, and output speed.
The drive unit is made up of motors, and you can choose from various types.
Standard motors, adjustable speed motors, superior energy efficiency, renewable motors, as well as explosion resistance motors, are just but a few examples.
What Is The Working Principle Of A Ribbon Blender Machine?
Convection and dispersion are the two blending principles used by ribbon blenders.
The macro displacement of substantial sections of the material is known as convective blending.
When the materials are flipped over across the horizontal plane of the agitation system, convection blending ensues.
Diffusion blending, which happens when isolated particles are displaced relative to the adjacent particles, is the other form of Ribbon blending.
Diffusion happens in the ribbon blender whenever materials in front of the Ribbon are pushed in one orientation while neighboring partials remain stationary or lag.
Solids are mixed and blended when these two types of motion are combined.
Ribbon blending system
Which Features Should You Consider In Ribbon Blender Machine?
The selection of mixers you use for your operation will greatly impact how quickly and successfully your recipe comes together.
Here are a few aspects to consider when selecting a ribbon blender for your materials and method.
Size And Volume
When choosing a ribbon mixer, the capacity and appearance of the blender are by far the most significant factors to consider. They would vary depending on how much material you’re mixing and how quickly it needs to be blended.
The Ribbon And Agitator Type
Some components may perform much better in a blender with blades rather than ribbons as the agitator.
A good example are substances that contain a lot of fluids or are vulnerable to shearing.
When configuring a ribbon mixer or any form of a blender, choosing the proper Ribbon or agitator type is critical.
The type of agitator you’ll need will be determined by the components you’re using. Also the amount of time and the mixer profile you’ll use for mixing will determine agitator you choose.
Mixer Construction Materials And Finish
Most ribbon blenders are made from stainless steel.
The building materials will be determined by the blended components and how those substances will be utilized.
When working with food-grade substances, the blender should be made of stainless steel with special coatings that make it easy to clean and disinfect.
If the contents are corrosive, stainless steel might be a better option, as milder steel would be dissolved over time by the substances.
Your ingredients or procedure may require other metals or finishes. These finishes may not be required if your products are not vulnerable to foodborne diseases.
When configuring your Ribbon Blender Machine, consider how your contents leave the blender. The best ribbon mixer will be determined in part by the processing duration and subsequent procedures.
Some operations may need a complete and quick shutdown. A full-length dropping underside delivery gate would be appropriate in this situation.
Other procedures may require a slower outflow or a firmer seal, in which case a slide-gate may be preferable.
Where Can You Find High-Quality Horizontal Ribbon Mixers?
Here at Yinda Machinery, you will be able to bank and count on us if you ever need quality horizontal ribbon mixers.
We’ve been tagged and deemed as the best and most reliable horizontal ribbon mixer supplier in the country due to the fact that we’re able to produce highly flexible and versatile horizontal ribbon mixers.
Our horizontal ribbon mixers are pure quality and are made from military-grade materials. They’re all flexible and are equipped with a vessel that is non-corrosive and are capable of defending against wearing.
Some of the primary benefits of choosing Yinda Machinery’s horizontal ribbon mixers include:
- They’re operator friendly
- The materials and powders are poured in manually
- You’ll be able to use them for many different business sectors and industries
- Cleaning and maintenance wouldn’t be headaches
- All parts and components are available if you need them
Yinda Machinery will always be behind your back for the support and the assistance that you need when you need powder handling and powder processing machines and equipment!
Wherever you are in the world, you can definitely and absolutely bank on us here at Yinda Machinery for the horizontal ribbon mixers that you need!
Talk to us and we’ll send you a free quote!